Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cookie Cutter Kids.



I didn't realize how much of a difference there would be in raising two kids. They are so different, yet similar. They are their own person, yet sisters. I thought using the same techniques in learning, discipline, etc would be the same... maybe with a few tweaks here and there. But oh my... It's like a 180 degree difference.

I don't want to raise cookie cutter kids. They are both so different. They respond well to certain things and terrible to others.

One loves cuddling, playing on the floor, sitting in your lap with a book. One loves playing dolls, coloring and being told, "Great job!".

I love them both. I want to love them the way they need to be loved. But it's a daily study, remembering what they respond to and trying really hard to love them the way they want to be loved, even if its different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment