Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ten extra pounds & singing off tune.



I am thankful that no matter what I look like, my kids love me. I'm their momma. I can shower or not, do my hair or not. I'm still their momma. And they love me.

I can sing off tune, but they love my singing anyway.

I can mess up, and they are quick to forgive.

I can have 10 extra pounds in my thighs and giant love handles around my waist and they don't care one bit. I'm their momma and they love me.

Even with all my flaws, they still love me. I find that profound. In a culture in which love and affection is seemingly acquired by having the right body, talents or fame, this is an anomaly. My children love me because I am their momma. Nothing more is needed.

I hope and pray they know they are loved unconditionally, not because of anything they have done or will do, but because they are mine.

My children truly do help grow me in my relationship with Jesus. They open my eyes to see how God loves me. Even with all my flaws, He still loves me. I pray that through His grace that I lead my children to know and love this amazing God who came, died, and lived to make me whole.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for my little guy's unconditional love too! :) It's the best! Great post!

    ReplyDelete